After inking a deal with a $68 Million mansion in New Jersey, the celebrity host Oprah Winfrey is all set to make up to the headlines via her show: “Ultimate Favorite Things”
The talk show diva has not only rolled up an array of advertisers via rising TV ratings but this time has gone ahead and honored her viewers with a 2012 New Beetle vehicle. The initiative is seen as Volkswagen’s interest to promote the coupe on the Christmas Eve. Volkswagen, the German automaker on November 22 picked part-two of the fêted program to unveil its 2012 New Beetle vehicle.
The show marked Oprah taking a ride in the coupe chauffeured by Santa Claus. God Bless the lady!!! (Only the sketch was showcased to the physically available audience plus TV viewers).
A gigantic gift box was unwrapped to divulge the silhouette of the new sedan to the spectators, the first-ever crowd in the world to get behind the wheel of the redesigned car. “The Beetles are coming!” shrieked Winfrey.
Eyebrows might be raised and your heart may tend to sink but the truth is every individual member present at the Oprah’s show was given keys to assert their own New Beetle when it is accessible next summer. Woooohooo!!! I am sure the gesture would have sent Goosebumps to the unexpecting members.
The entire promotion of their upcoming model via Oprah’s den is calculated at about $7-$9 million, which certainly means VW has a bigger plan in place. The irony: VW preferred the Oprah show to launch the vehicle because of its executives strong speculation (based on past years) that the new more chiseled design would invite the male clan. Whilst over 70% of New Beetle buyers for the last decade were women.
The 2012 New Beetle seems more of the replica of the VW “Ragster” concept commenced at the 2005 Chicago Auto Show.
During part one of the episodes (aired last week), Winfrey dazed another set of guests by dolling out goodies worth thousands of dollars. The show also witnessed Oprah giving away Apple iPad, her “No. 1 favorite thing ever” and the “best invention of the century so far.” Conceding that her “Favorite Things” episodes are all about profligacy, Winfrey said: “You are all in a Saturday Night Live skit, but that’s OK.”
This gives us the testimony to accept her series of gifts thrown to her audience which include:
1. Apple iPad
2. “Classic Sparkles” Ugg boots
3. Patent leather “Sophia Satchel” by Coach
4. Magaschoni cashemere sweater with handbeading and matching cashmere leggings.
5. Hope in a Jar moisturizer by Philosophy in three different sizes.
6. Two $500 gift certificates to Nordstrom’s lingerie department for you and a friend.
7. Herb-Savor by Prepara
8. Centerville Chicken Pie presented by Harry and David
9. Garrett Popcorn in a Custom Oprah’s Favorite Things Custom Tin
10. Custom Oprah Set by Le Creuset
11. Miraclebody Jeans By Miraclesuit
12. Sophie Jewelry box from Pottery Barn
13. Jessica Leigh diamond earrings by Dana Rebecca Designs
14. $100 Donors Choose gift card from Bing
15. Mini Croissants from Williams-Sonoma
16. Favorite things Assortment from Talbott Teas with tea set. “The Book of Awakening” by Mark Nepo
17. Johnny Mathis’ CD “Let It Be Me”
18. Josh Groban’s CD “Illiuminations”
19. 2012 VW Beetle