The Global Party Gets Its Gold Partners, Jewelry Giants Harry Winston and Mikimoto

Get ready for the global party of the year. The Global Party, which is being organized by entrepreneurs David Johnstone and Lord Stanley Fink as a charity event has roped in two gold sponsors. US-based diamond company Harry Winston and Japanese pearl giants Mikimoto have agreed to sponsor the large-scale charitable event. 67 percent of the proceeds from the event will be donated to a dozen charitable organizations. The remaining 33 percent will be used to cover costs.

The Global Party is truly an international event with 80 venues hosting it simultaneously through 15 and 16 September. The Phileas Fogg-inspired party will have a guest list that includes several international biggies. Keep a watch out for the likes of TV producer and entrepreneur Simon Cowell, artist Damien Hirst, model Elizabeth Hurley and social activist Jemima Khan. An official invitation will go out to some 10,000 VIPs and celebrities. Additionally, 10,000 tickets will be available for purchase.

Each party city – which includes Delhi, New York, Melbourne and Mexico City among others – will get three corporate packages and 60 individual tickets. But mind you, these invites do not come cheap. Expect to shell out around £2,900 for a couple’s ticket and £1,152 for an individual ticket under the corporate package. If you hurry and are among the first 1,500 to purchase tickets, you could wrangle an invite to the star-studded private launch party on 8 September at the Natural History Museum of London.

The twelve charitable organizations that look to benefit from The Global Party include ARK – Absolute Return for Kids, the Pratham Education Foundation, the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation, the Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund and the Institute of International Education among others.

Via: Retail Jeweller

Written By
More from Gwyneth

Luxury 360 Reception Draws The Biggest Names From The Luxury Industry

For those who are part of the luxury industry, this was the...
Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *